Columbus, Ohio and New York: 1895. Item #499
8vo. 190 x 128 mm., [7 ½ x 5 inches]. 144 pp. Illustrated throughout with half-tone images and diagrams, 2 of which are folding. Original printed wrappers, a few stains but a sound and attractive copy.
Specialty items include elevators, drive belts, conveyors, sprocket wheels and machinery for mining and mill factories. Established in Columbus in 1877, Jeffrey Manufacturing was instrumental in developing the mining and coal industries of eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania. One of its most important products was the “Jeffrey Electric Locomotive” which moved on tracks inside mines and towed tons of rock and saved hours of labor and contributed to mine safety.
Not cited in Romaine. This catalogue is one of the few original sources documenting mining equipment produced by the largest industrial plants in Ohio at the end of the nineteenth century.