Des Moines: 1870-72. Item #487
1. Report of the Census Board on Plans for a New Capitol Building. Executive Office, Des Moines, February 1, 1870. 4 pp.
2. Report of the Committee on Building Stone to the Board of Capitol Commissioners of the State of Iowa, January 11th, 1871. Embracing the Report, Charts, and Tables of Prof. Gustave Hinrichs, State University of Iowa and W. P. Butler. Des Moines: F. M. Mills, State Printer, 1871. 42 pp. Three folding plates depicting deposits of limestone, sand stone, and building stone.
3. Proceedings at the Laying of the Corner Stone of the New Capitol Building, at Des Moines, Iowa, November 23, 1871. Des Moines: G. W. Edwards, State Printer, 1871. 32 pp. Woodcut image of the design of the State House.
4. First Biennial Report of the Board of Capitol Commissioners, to the Governor of Iowa. January 1, 1872. Des Moines: G. W. Edwards, State Printer, 1872. 90 pp.
5. Report of the Joint Committee of the Fourteenth General Assembly Appointed to Examine the Material Used, and the Work Done on the Foundations of the New Capitol Building. Des Moines: G. W. Edwards Printer, 1872. 83 pp.
6. Chapter XXXV.—General Laws of 1872. An act to amend the act to provide the State Capitol, approved April 13, 1870, and making an Appropriation therefor. 1 pp.